Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TF street with a 1" spacer on my car. I'm thinking about a 100hp wet kit over winter. Does the wet kit work OK with this intake? I was thinking of switching to a track upper, but I need the 1" spacer to clear the valve covers. I would only shoot it in 3rd and 4th gear. I just want to gain about 10mph.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm.......

I am getting ready right now to install my wet kit on the Explorer intake. I know it isn't TF but I'll let you know how it works. I'm still waiting for some parts.

At what point along the intake are you adding fuel? My fuel is going to go in about 8" after the throttle body (under plenum). Everyone says to aim the nozzle so it sprays "against" the incoming air, so that is what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Nozzle kits are designed to be before the throttle body to allow attomization of the spray before it goes into the ports. If you run it after the throttle body you may run into puddling problems and a big BOOM! I ran a tfs street intake with an NX nitrous kit and placed the nozzle right before the throttle body. Ran the 150 jets with NO problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts