Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have a 1998 Roush. With just the roush side exhaust and stock everything else it sounded really good. Better than my 94 5.0 with 3 chambered flowmaster, A LOT better.

When I put an off road h pipe on, it was a bit louder at idle but when I gassed it, all hell broke loose. It's real deep and mean sounding.

Can't wait to throw on the longtubes next weekend!

·
Registered
177 Posts
got bbk long tubes, off road h pipe, and the 99+ side exit system.....and i haven't heard but a few mustangs that are louder. and those were equiped with race bullets.

·
Registered
494 Posts
roush side exhaust

[I have a 2001 roush stageII with side exhaust and I have to say it sold the car to me this car sounds awsome especially at around 2000 to 2500 rpm and I live in massachusetts I can't believe it passes inspection maybe because it was factory done by all means get it I can't wait to put headers and a blower this winter has anyone put headers on a 2001 how difficult was it?:joy: :cool:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Re: roush side exhaust

MLN385 said:
[I have a 2001 roush stageII with side exhaust and I have to say it sold the car to me this car sounds awsome especially at around 2000 to 2500 rpm and I live in massachusetts I can't believe it passes inspection maybe because it was factory done by all means get it I can't wait to put headers and a blower this winter has anyone put headers on a 2001 how difficult was it?:joy: :cool:
Between the comma (,) and the slash (/) is the period (.). You should try to use it. It makes your statement MUCH more readable. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
grammer

I didn't know I was going to be graded on my posting ,I will admit I am not an engineer or rhodes scholar I did rattle the post off in a rush. I was just giving my input on a question that was asked and didn't worry about being graded.Was this constructive criticism or sarcastic also watch "yore "answer and respect "yore "elders i'm older than youOLOR=red]:lol: :eek: Seriously does anyone have any input on an install of headers on a 2001 GT .

·
Registered
906 Posts
seriously......The roush exhaust by itself is probably one of the quietest aftermarket catbacks on a stock GT that I have heard. It is about the same as 3 chambered flows, which isn't loud at all. Just a nice rumble. It is JUST enough to tell that it is aftermarket mufflers. You get used to it in about a week and then it seems like nothing. NOW, if you put an off road pipe on, holy crap, its loud.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Re: grammer

MLN385 said:
I didn't know I was going to be graded on my posting ,I will admit I am not an engineer or rhodes scholar I did rattle the post off in a rush. I was just giving my input on a question that was asked and didn't worry about being graded.Was this constructive criticism or sarcastic also watch "yore "answer and respect "yore "elders i'm older than youOLOR=red]:lol: :eek: Seriously does anyone have any input on an install of headers on a 2001 GT .
Ironically, I am an engineer! :D But anyway...
Headers will be the cause of "yore" headache ;) . I haven't put them in yet, but I'm installing mine during the headswap later this month. You should dedicate a full day to the job, as it is a BEAR to get them in. If you search here, you'll find various threads regarding the difficulties and how to overcome them. Basically, the engine needs to be unbolted and shimmied around to get the headers in. Of course, all this refers to shorties. I wouldn't want think about the pain of doing longtubes.
PS. My earlier comment was just a statement in awe of the incredibly long sentence. It took a few passes to determine where some thoughts ended and others began. No judgement made and no harm meant. And BTW...how do you know "yore" older than me?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Phat Doggy

Thanks for the info on the headers, as for your age I looked up your profile hence I also new you were an engineer :lol:, Just a little ribbing sometimes when I post it is in hast and punctuation isn't at its best.Do you think there is any difference between a 96 and 2001 maybe easier :( ,ya right I look at my engine bay and cringe:rolleyes: Not like the old 70's or earlier I had a 70 camaro and just slid the headers in while sitting in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Re: Phat Doggy

MLN385 said:
Thanks for the info on the headers, as for your age I looked up your profile hence I also new you were an engineer :lol:, Just a little ribbing sometimes when I post it is in hast and punctuation isn't at its best.Do you think there is any difference between a 96 and 2001 maybe easier :( ,ya right I look at my engine bay and cringe:rolleyes: Not like the old 70's or earlier I had a 70 camaro and just slid the headers in while sitting in the engine bay.
I forgot I even filled that profile out. Very smart, oh wise one! The differences overall from the '96 to '01 are minimal, aside from the power issues (i.e. better flowing heads, intake). External to the engine, it's all roughly the same stuff and the same dimensions, so I'm sure it won't be any more difficult or any easier to do the header install. Here's something to help you rethink putting headers on at this time...unless you're doing longtubes, they won't do much for you. If you're lucky, you'll see 5HP and similar torque. Many see less. Rumor is it makes a little more power with a P&P. That's my route, and even then I was still pondering whether or not it was worth the $$$. The only reason I'm putting them on now is because I am doing the headswap and it's the easiest time to slip them in. The modular engines just don't respond the same to the old hot rod tricks. With all that said...you do apparently have plans to eventually install a blower. Headers will pay off at that time. Just don't expect too much from until then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts