Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone runs the 00R Brembos on their fox?

If so- please give me the full run down of what your brake system consists of.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
In for this information too, as I currently have 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary calipers with a 94/95 MC and I was wanting to upgrade to those brembos.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Do a search on 00R, Titles Only, this forum, lots of info.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's the GT master cylinder work with your oem booster ?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they clear 17 inch wheels ?

I've also learned that the UK Focus RS uses the exact same caliper as the Cobra R.

These can be had for cheap on eBay relative to Cobra r brakes so I will look into this.

Anyone run this set up ?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Do they clear 17 inch wheels ?

I've also learned that the UK Focus RS uses the exact same caliper as the Cobra R. These can be had for cheap on eBay relative to Cobra r brakes so I will look into this.

Anyone run this set up ?
Some good advice here.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll bet they look super sick on a fox too. Makes the whole car so much more up to date when you see a nice set of 17s and that monster caliper!

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I've been trying to keep an eye out for a pair. I regret not jumping on the Focus Brembo's when they were available for ~$700 new.

IIRC, the recommended MC size with vacuum booster (and rear Sn95 brakes) was 1" bore...so a 1993 Cobra MC. Hyrdoboost setups obviously are stick with a 1 1/18" MC (but get the benefit of added assist anyway).

There was a gentleman who found a compatible Brembo casting from some European model cars. I forget the P/N, but it's been discussed so if you simply search this particular forum, you'll find info on that.

If you already have Cobra brakes, really it's just a caliper swap. After that, the big issue is wheels that clear. Some 17s do fit. 1998 Cobra wheels is one that comes to mind. Unsure of others.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Fiat Coupe is another car with the same calipers. I've given up looking for those Focus brembos. They're expensive on eBay and they're not in good shape usually. Q

On another note- I've found a seller on eBay from Oregon that offers wilwood four piston calipers brand new with his own rotors stainless lines and pads for Coupe hundred bucks less then the 00r kit :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you already have Cobra brakes, really it's just a caliper swap. After that, the big issue is wheels that clear. Some 17s do fit. 1998 Cobra wheels is one that comes to mind. Unsure of others.
From the MM site, in reference to their 00R Brembo kit ...

Note that "This kit requires 17" wheels with 50mm clearance to the back of the spokes.", so this is what needs to be checked for fitment.

Another from the MM site, link to info on checking fitment and templates

Attachments

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I'll have to pull my 17" wheels out and measure them now. IIRC the only 17" SN95 wheels that met the spec's were the 1995 Cobra R and the 1998 Cobra wheel. Unsure if any of the 03-04 17x9 wheels would clear

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
On another note- I've found a seller on eBay from Oregon that offers wilwood four piston calipers brand new with his own rotors stainless lines and pads for Coupe hundred bucks less then the 00r kit :)
But what do you do when you need new rotors?

At least the 00r kit could use standard Cobra 13" rotors.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to ask. With the amount of driving I do. A set or rotors will last me a decade lol. It's a fair weather summer car (April-oct)

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
From the MM site, in reference to their 00R Brembo kit ...

Note that "This kit requires 17" wheels with 50mm clearance to the back of the spokes.", so this is what needs to be checked for fitment.

Another from the MM site, link to info on checking fitment and templates
http://forums.corral.net/forums/17851010-post4.html - May just be a duplication of what's on MM's site, but that post has some info that I've pulled from Brembo's catalog and Application Guide.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I've given up looking for those Focus brembos. They're expensive on eBay and they're not in good shape usually. Q
x2

who's the guy?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts