Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 coupe carb car , with a msd 6al and im installing a 2 step . i see all kinds of diagrams on here for using the clutch pedal to activate it using the ecu , but i still have the clutch cancel switch its not hooked up. i just want to make a switch work to activate it using the clutch pedal. if anyone can help i appreciate it

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The msd 2-step instructions show how to wire it to the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i used my clutch switch to activate mine.

used the hot wire coming from the cruise control ("on") to run ito the clutch switch. the wire out of the clutc switch i ran to a relay, then to the 2step.

worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I use a Biondo transbrake switch,mounted to a fabbed floor bracket.Touching a 90 degree tab,welded to the clutch pedal.Wired in series with a push button switch on a pistol grip shifter knob.Both switches have to be depressed to activate at the tree.And I come of the shifter switch,before the first gear change,so I dont hit the 2 step,when I kick the pedal.

·
Registered
242 Posts

reason i used the cruise control switch with this is so the 2step does not activate when trying to change gears. when you leave the line, let go of the cc switch and it's golden.

hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts