Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a boost, electrical fuel pressure, and air to fuel gauge. My question is which wire should I run all of these gauges off of. I was going to wire them up with the head light switch, but I thought that the three gauges would put too much of a draw on the one wire. Please help me out, thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gauges

I wired up a fuel pressure and oil pressue gauge to the healamp switch. It should be fine. Those little bulbs don't draw that much current and the headlamp wires are big enough to handle it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pillar wires

I did the same thing, (wired to the headlight dimmer). works fine. I will be adding air to fuel and water temp soon and will hook it to the same wire. Hey, all the other dash lights come off that wire, thats how they dimm. Should not be a problem.
Tom

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I Get my Power From the Fuse that gives the instrument cluster Power :) (Easier than Tearing apart the switch And Looking for the wire :))

·
Registered
7 Posts
who makes a good looking pillar mount? do they color match it to your interior? is it different for convertibles than for coupes? thanks for your suggestions.
-Frosty

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to www.gaugepods.com and they can fix you up. There is actually a group purchase going on right now with them. And yes they do color match them to ;your interior color. If the color isn't listed, just type you color in the shipping instructions. I paid 39.99 shipped to my door in the right color.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If you do it that way, won't your gauge light be on all the time? If you go right to the wire your gauge lights will come on when you turn your lights on.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
this is what i did, take the wire from whatever guage and extend it by connecting another wire to it and run it over to the fuse box, find a fuse that turns on when the car is on and stays on, pull the fuse out and stick the wire down into the fuse hole and force the fuse back in, but be gentle if you know what i mean, this way the light will always be on when you turn the car on and you dont have to mess with cutting actory wires, if you want to remove it just yank the wire back out of the fuse hole, good luck!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
But if you put the wire to the dimmer switch the gauge lights will come on when you turn you head lights on. And the dimmer will work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts