Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dynojetwb2.com/

Having problems with my Innovate setup, and I hate the small display... this thing looks pretty sweet with the optional LCD touch screen, and you can record right to an SD card which means you don't need a laptop. Looks like it also monitors a/f in relation to rpm, where the Innovate setup makes you use the RPM Converter cable, which I've heard is a royal pita.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Can't help Jeff...but i can tell you that I really like the Zeitronix. You don't need any "rpm converters" or anything. You can datalog like 6 or 7 inputs (map, tps, rpm, etc...)
BUT, you do need a laptop.

That idea with the SD card is cool in that Dynojet!

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a laptop, but I like the fact that this Dynojet setup used an SD card, and the little touch screen setup looks sweet. I might not give up on my Innovate just yet. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yeah, my innovate reads 1 whole point richer than my tuners dyno....very annoying. I would also be willing to try the dynojet one. Not sure where I'd mount the LCD screen.

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, my innovate reads 1 whole point richer than my tuners dyno....very annoying. I would also be willing to try the dynojet one. Not sure where I'd mount the LCD screen.
From what I've seen mine is pretty damn close to the dyno I was at last year... I just don't like the tiny-ass screen anymore, too hard to see at speed... and I like the one wire rpm hookup and SD card on this Dyno jet setup.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you injected? I assumed you were therefore I also thought that you were tuning using a twEECer or the sort. There I go making an [email protected]* out of myself by assuming. Anway my brother has an LM-1 and an Aux Box. He likes it and it does what he wants. Took him a little time to get it to run right on his computer but I don't think he read the instructions.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I do have the XD-16 guage. Its not a bad setup, just a pain in the arse that it reads so diff from the dyno. Also, there is a lot to it, cables, boxes ext. The dyno jet ones seems to be better organised.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Looks cool...although really you are paying a LOT for that LCD screen more than anything. I would still prefer a separate gauge for quick visual reference over an LCD screen.

Regardless, the lm-1 is a thing of the past...and the lm-2 also utilizes a larger LCD screen (not touch) with playback capabilities and recordable to an SD card. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php

Just some food for thought...as it's quite a bit cheaper and likely able to directly plug in via. the serial port on your xd-16 gauge.

Also, if your tuner didn't ground the sensor in the same location as your lc-1...that could account for the large difference in AFR. If they located the sensor in the tailpipe…that too could account for some differences.

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw, touch screens are usually a pain the royal ass with fire gloves on. Keep that in mind :)
You don't use the touch screen to start recording AFAIK... that FJO setup doesn't show any sort of handheld or screen or anything??? How do you monitor a/f in real-time??? We have touch screens on our machines at work and I have no issues with them using Mechanix gloves. :)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Jeff, theres a 2 1/16 gauge that mounts on the dash. I'll get some pictures tonight, their site doesn't seem to have them up there. At least not the new one I have :)

I have to hit the record button before I make a pass (at least that's how I do it!), so the laptop works great.

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeff, theres a 2 1/16 gauge that mounts on the dash. I'll get some pictures tonight, their site doesn't seem to have them up there. At least not the new one I have :)

I have to hit the record button before I make a pass (at least that's how I do it!), so the laptop works great.
Meh, I don't like the idea of having to use the laptop to record to.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Can't help Jeff...but i can tell you that I really like the Zeitronix. You don't need any "rpm converters" or anything. You can datalog like 6 or 7 inputs (map, tps, rpm, etc...)
BUT, you do need a laptop.

That idea with the SD card is cool in that Dynojet!
X2, the laptop is a bit of a pain but all the info you get and then can graph is pretty good.

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear you Lou... but I still like this nice big easy to read display that comes with the Dynojet kit... I want something I can look at quickly going downtrack, not necessarily wait until I get back to the pits and look at after the fact... by then it might be too late.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I hear you Lou... but I still like this nice big easy to read display that comes with the Dynojet kit... I want something I can look at quickly going downtrack, not necessarily wait until I get back to the pits and look at after the fact... by then it might be too late.
That's what your gauge is for. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts