Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
They really work nice with the lightning MAF and 42lb injectors. You install 6 wires, from the MAFterburner to your computer, install the Lightning MAF,install the injectors and start the car. Use a scan tool to check your fuel trims at idle and adjust the curve at 400, 800, 1000. Then you can set the closed loop table while driving on the street and then get a wide band and set the rest of the curve for Open loop. Remember that the LMAF will peg at approximately 450 rwhp depending on what has been done to the car.That is the limit of the stock fuel system anyway. We are working on solutions to the stock fuel system and the MAF pegging.We might have our own meter soon that could support some big boost. I've also used the MAFterburner plus for nitrous and it works flawlessly. I want to find someone who will use the MAFterburner + and the new nozzle kit from NOS and give a 2v two stages of NOS. A 150shot followed by a 200 shot. Then use the MAFterburner for fuel compensation.The car will need a built short block, a modified fuel system, heavyduty driveline and some other mods.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scott, do you have to use the lightning maf or can you use any maf- I have a pro-m 80mm? Does it matter what you use for a fuel pump? I have an aftermarket pump but I also have the drivability problems that go with it. You know, the fuel surging issues between 1800 and 3000 rpms because the ecu keeps correcting itself. I am really interested in this product but shop I deal with isn't too bright.( Do you know cindy from Ct. ) Then you know what I'm talking about. I really want to know if this thing can correct things like that or do I need to get my stock pump back in there. I plan on running #12 of boost in an 01 GT.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It works with the Pro M.In fact, I bet it works with any MAF.We are going to make it compatible with digital MAFs soon.It will also work with the aftermarket fuel pump installed.We might have an upgrade for the MAFterburner that allows us to incorporate an electronic fuel management unit.If the MAF does "peg" then we might be able to bump the fuel pressure up to compensate.I also thought about intercepting the fuel rail pressure sensor signal and modifying it to get the PCM to raise fuel pressure as well.
OR plan B-The signal from the FRP is similiar to the TP. I think we could use a potentiometer to trick the PCM into giving us the fuel pressure we want. There are alot of things I haven't even tried yet.The 2000 Cobra R has a "jury" rigged fuel system that might have some potential as well. Again, I'm limited to what I can tell you because of my job at SHM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts