Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So saw this post on MMFF, about Torquestorm super chargers. Does anyone know about these? Are they good, do they perform well etc etc. just seeing if anyone has tried one, known anyone who has used one etc. they seem cost friendly and they even have a twin sc system but idk if they'd fit a 302 etc. I'm in the market for a power adder and been thinking about the V-3 black si addition from vortech, vs turbo vs procharger vs maybe this brand. Can anyone explain why one over the other or which is a better buy? Car goals are more of a fun weeekend car. Usual bolt ons, GT40 tubular intake, exhaust, gears, about to purchase some TF heads but stuck on 11R 170s but also thinking about spending that extra 100 or so to get the 190s or is that just to much? Currently have F-303 with 1.7s but I'm thinking about changing those to the TF stage 2 cam with 1.6s unless I can swap my 1.7s from pedestal to Stud mount for the TF heads, but idk if that's even an option. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
What kind of customer service and warranty do they have? Are you going to be the guinea pig for them? From reading the history, it is a re-tooled Powerdyne set up with out the belt.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Like Saleen414 said, do u want to be the guenea pig? For the money spent i would stick with the time tested units, procharger/vortec. Ive run procharger for 17yrs, several different ones, and have been very happy with the power and reliability. Its very easy to make 500rwhp with whats out there today so plz consider an aftermarket blk. Im selling a procharger d1sc with the brackets that retain your ac if your shopping around. Whatever you do, do it right the first time, you try cutting corners with a power adder and your destined for a very long, expensive experience. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
so do blow off valves stay open at idle? That system looks like it moved the stock air meter to the discharge pipe and has a blow off valve inches before the stock meter.

it is also generally a bad idea to be pulling hot air from inside the engine bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts