Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a transbrake valvebody from redneck racing for my C4. They list it as a pro brake saying to use reverse you must shift to reverse and then hold down the t-brake button to go backwards. Anyone have any experience with these, and how much of a PITA is it to have to hold the button in while going backwards? On another note, at the end of a run with a reverse manual VB, is it okay to bump back down through the gears to nuetral coasting down from 100+ mph? I don't want to screw up my C4 or VB doing this.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I have no experience with them a friend of mine has had really good luck with his he has a toggle for reverse so he doesn't have to hold the tb button. My dynamic mighty mite and my pa super comp are not that way so I have no clue on the bump into n

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have the transking valve body that is setup the same way. Its no big deal as long as you have the button where you can hold it easily while trying to steer the car. I have my button attached to the shifter handle as opposed to others who have it on the steering wheel. I would imagine it might be a pain if you are trying to back up and have to turn at the same time.

As far as coasting and going to neutral from the top end, you shouldn't have any problems doing that as long as you have a shifter that will let you quickly get to neutral. I have the hurst quarter stick and you can easily slam it forward from 3rd to neutral and it has a lockout that prevents it from going beyond neutral.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Have to hold my trans. brake button down to go in rev. in my car also, Its not a big deal, never had a problem.

I don't down shift my car when slowing down after a 1/4mi pass until I reach the return road.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I dont have much knowledge of redneck's but I have lentech's valvebody and I like it alot and dont have to hold no button to reverse

·
Registered
412 Posts
My trans. builder ALWAYS suggests to bump the button while in reverse as the longer you are on the button the longer that solenoid builds up heat. I would call redneck and see what they say. As far as downshifting through the gears to get to neutral at the end of a run I would never suggest that. Why do you want to get to neutral so fast?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Could you tap into the power of the reverse lights to tell the solenoid to engage? That way it engages whenever you go into reverse automatically. Wouldn't want to sit around like that though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just made a 4-wire pigtail that hooks to the nuetral safety switch and back up light switch on my Hurst Promatic shifter and the pigtail plugs right into the existing harness that my AOD plugged into. It's easy once you figure out which wire is which in the harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts