Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the car going the other day, starts and hot starts fine, cruises fine, but lean under acceleration, only tried 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle, wants to stay around 14 afr. still on stock tune.

I have an on3 chip to try next, just wanted to see if anyone has used one before and how it worked.

I have to get a muffler on this thing before i drive it any more, and try the chip, or im going to get in trouble with it, way too loud with open down pipe.

heres the first start

·
Registered
317 Posts
im not running a tune and my a/f is around 11 to 13 area( had an exhuast leak) under full throttle, just drive it to an exhaust shop have them put one on it. i considered the chip but it kinda a waste alll it does is give you a tune so you can drive it to a shop to tune it,

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
waste of money stay out of boost and take it to a tuner or trailer it. cars sounds good!

I agree, its a waste of money for a gamble if it will work or not but I had the chip given to me, and the guy that give me the chip has almost exact combo as me, stock short block, cam, and tfs heads, a9p computer, same injectors and im also running his pmas maf.
so im going to give it a shot, if it dosent work a diy tuner (moates,tweecer) are my only options, where i live there are zero tuners around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Depends on if you are going to spend time learning to tune it yourself or take it somewhere and have it done. I went with a Quarterhorse from Chris at PAS and had him write a base tune for my combo to get started. If your going to have someone else tune it go talk to the shop before you buy anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts