Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
This space for rent
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading build threads on these kits for years and they always seem to go nowhere. The people either sell the car before completion or the car gets tucked away. What is the issue with these kits? Does anyone have a good running kit? I'm wanting to buy one for my 95 but want to see some real world results from it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I did, turbo was too small, ended up with a S480 and dual wastegates, buddy has it now on a fox body and car runs real good. just add second gate on drivers side and know what you are doing and should be good. BTW made more than 900 to tire with it through AOD-E.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A buddy of mine has the 94-95 on3 kit on his 331. He opted to upgrade from the 70mm standard turbo to the 88mm ball bearing one they offer. It seems to work pretty well, and the install wasn't that bad. I know he ended up having a new oil feed line for the turbo made because the one that came with the kit was no good.

I also have an on3 kit in my 95 GT but I swapped a 351w into my car, so I went with the 351w fox body swap kit for my application. I had to modify a few things to make it work in my sn, but that was to be expected. The only big thing I have to address is the hot side piping get in the way of my front sway bar, so right now, I don't have it in the car, but I am currently in the process of making a custom one.

My buddy's car is currently making 490hp to the tire on low boost but it will be getting cranked up as soon as the new clutch goes in.

·
Registered
555 Posts
STL mustangs is finishing my install right now. My manifolds did not go on well at all. I am using the 70mm with a 339 CI stroker with a boss block. A1000 fuel system ID1000s on e85. Still a manual transmission.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Having to add another waste gate on my on3 setup the position of the one it has is sufficient any I am over boosting like crazy. The flex pipe was leaking, and the manifolds were untrue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts