Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand them to be a slip-fit type connection on two or three of the primaries mating with stubs extending from the collectors. Also, the collectors appear to use a slip fit connection from the collector to the crossover incorporating a SS band clamp for sealing. My concern is with leaking. I'm afraid the primary tubes will never provide a leak-proof seal. I understand that metal expands with heat, and this may facilitate sealing properties, but I'm not convinced. I phoned Hooker and discussed this topic with the representative. He guarentees no leaks and says they tested the headers on a dyno with a GT inhaling 200hp N2O...no leaks. I'm still not convinced...any comments?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Slip fit headers have been used for DECADES on high horsepower cars. It is the only way to get such a huge header tube design to fit without pulling the motor, etc...

I would not worry about it, hooker has been building headers longer than almost any other company in the industry, they know how to make a slip fit header work right.

James

·
Registered
418 Posts
is the slip fit design why you can remove the tranny without unbolting the headers? just curious, b/c thats what i heard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts