Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the part number for the temperture switch? Some people are listing the part no. (82395948182) for a switch from Rocky Mountain Motorworks. Well there not in business any more and I cant cross ref. that no. to a vw part no. I heard that there were two different temperture swithches the part number I listed above was for the cooler of the two (180 on/171 off). If anyone could give me this part number I would greatly appriciate the help!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I bought one of those but I had a hard time getting a tap to make that switch work. So I decided to use a Hypertech Fan switch for Camaros. It had the same temp range and it used a 3/8 npt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've seen that and some people are running the painless wiring switch also. Maybe i'll just try that.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I went to a place that does alot of work on older VW cars. They had the switches on the shelf. I told him what size the switch was and what temp I wanted for open/ close.

I stopped at a friends auto shop and borrowed a tap. I did the thermo switch with the relay setup for a while..........and then said to hell with it and bought the dcc controller. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts