Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about it lately. Anyone pull the hydroboost setup? How do you like it?

~Eric

·
Registered
131 Posts
The manual brakes I could live with, just have to push a little harder on the pedal. I've read there are benefits to the "feel" or whatever of the brakes without the power assist interferring.

But manual steering, screw that. I've thrown my belt several times while autoXing and it's an absolute bitch to turn the steering wheel without the power steering. The 315 tires make it even harder I'm sure, but I like my power steering.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual brakes I could live with, just have to push a little harder on the pedal. I've read there are benefits to the "feel" or whatever of the brakes without the power assist interferring.

But manual steering, screw that. I've thrown my belt several times while autoXing and it's an absolute bitch to turn the steering wheel without the power steering. The 315 tires make it even harder I'm sure, but I like my power steering.
A manual steering setup is completely different than a power steering setup with no assist. There are baffles in a power steering rack to segregate the fluid into sections. With the PS pump turning, forcing these baffles to move is extremely difficult. Manual steering setups are actually quite easy to use. Not sure I would run 315s up front (ever) but I'm not worried about 275s. Parking will suck but anything over 5mph isn't bad at all. Food for thought.

~Eric

·
Formerly Blue93Trunk
568 Posts
This is an old thread lol, but I was searching for a thread like this.....

I'd like to see somebody's setup like this. I was hoping Flaming River made a Manual Rack setup for my 00'......

·
Registered
463 Posts
Years ago when I was in high school I had a 1970 Nova 350ci/ 4 speed which had manual steering. When getting the car sideways it became hard to steer into the slide quick enough back and forth, and yea slow speed manuevers were a bitch too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have an 89 mustang coupe with 351w swap, manual brakes cobra calipers up front w/13 crossdrilled baers, out back eradispeed +1.

I have Maximum Motorsports manual brake kit on the car and Flaming River quick ratio manual rack, on short course the car was tufffer but open track a dream!!! Around town car was just a ball to drive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts