Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, looking to put together a stock block 302 in my 1995..and run a si trim vortech on it..stock crank,eagle I beam rods with trw flattops, afr 165 heads and rpm II intake..i have a tfs 5142001 hyd roller cam,which i assume is the tfs1..with 42lb inectors and prom-93 mass air..any tips on getting it running well?i plan to run a msd 6btm on it for now..have the option of installing a A9L ecu if i cant get it to run right..no tune shops in my area.. also,plan to run 1 3/4 full lengths and 3" x pipe to the rear..shooting for around 10lbs boost

its a simple build,no portwork,etc..cam installed straight up dot/dot i'm thinking the fuel lines on this car would handle plenty,and if i remember right (but will check) the fuel pump is a quantrum 320 lph..was going to stick with stock sn95 rails and maybe an adj reg

will try and calibrate the 6btm to make sure it is retarding correctly per lb boost

would like to make 450 rwhp at least thru a T56

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a customer that I built his 87 gt from the ground up got a TFS stage 1 cam Explorer short block GT40 y303 old school heads Cobra intake converted to mass air with Pro M 80 mm mass air calibrated to 42lb and 42lb injectors with a powerdyne blower making 6.8 lb of boost made 451 rwhp. Custom tune with moates 1/4 horse. I think your power level goal will be there easy but you can't run an A9L ecm in a 95. I would run the stock 95 computer. As far as the btm not a good idea unless you have lots of experience using those. I strongly recommend a custom tune with a supercharger even if you have to go out of town or out of state. Money well spent in good tune and good insurance for your build. You will have plenty of fuel with that fuel pump with stock lines and rails. Hopefully your mass air is calibrated to 42lb

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like you did a great job building that car Ilusive! 450rwhp with a powerdyne is impressive! I have a older PIH harness which allows a A9L to plug into the sn95 harness without any cutting..the pro-m that I have,is calibrated to 42's for a foxbody

I'd get a megasquirt setup,if I thought I could make it work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts