Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bumping up from 42s to 60s for my 331 76mm set up, but I don't want to get a chip. Is there a meter out there that will run OK under boost with 60s?

I know that Jeff from Pony Down has 60s and I think a PMAS in his coupe and runs with the stock A9L without a tune. His just runs a little rich at idle and he has to hold the pedal to the floor to get it started sometimes.

Let me know.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you want it to last at all get a tune its not worth not having it
I just hate relying on someone else for a tune. I made 9 second power with 42s and 66mm with just a timing retard box and playing with my fuel pressure. The stock short block lasted for 4 years without breaking.

But, with the amount of money I have in my set up now, I guess I should just take it somewhere and get it tuned.

I'd still like to know what blow thru meter will work with 60s without the tune.

I've heard that the newer Abaco meter works nice. I may buy this and try it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I run 60's on a 331 with a Pt6776 turbo with a 90mm lightning meter and a mafia.I got it dyno tuned and a diablo chip for it and it is now a plug killer. I have had to change the plugs every time I have driven it. So now it just sits in the garage till I can get and ems pro or something to tune it with.
To answer your question though, I never drove my car before getting the tune but after it was loaded onto the dyno before the actual tune it actually made more power that it did after the tune. So I guess it would have ran but unsure of how lean it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts