Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have, in the past with other car builds, went without power brakes. It's worked well for me. This is my first Fox and I am wondering about going that way again. My power booster went out and I am thinking about not going with replacement. Has anyone else done this? If so what mods have you done to your Fox and how has it worked for you?
I am thinking about maybe getting a Wilwood master cylinder. I did this with second Gen Camaros and a Chevelle once. Would this be something better for autocrossing or any other type of G machine driving? I just think I get a better feel with manual brakes. I drove my GT around today without P.B. and I got use to it pretty quick and did not have any problems. Like I said, I have done allot of driving with allot heavier cars with manual brakes and did not have a problem with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's not the direction I want to go with, but I have dealt with these on full on race cars. Do not know the extent of a full on race car yours is. I take it that it is pretty far if your going that route. That is a great system to go with and really nice for space and maintenance. It also gives you a really good feel of the course when braking. It's a different pedal feel because now your pivot point is below you foot pad then above.

·
Registered
402 Posts
i have a tilton overhung pedal setup in my car. drove the car twice so far since building it and first time ever using manual brakes. The bias is adjustable but is "nuetral" so far and i cant lock the front brakes up so far, so ill probably put a turn or 2 to the front, but going from a track car with a similar power brake setup to manual brakes was almost seamless. But that's providing the master cylinder sizing is correct once you make the switch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, that's not the direction I want to go with, but I have dealt with these on full on race cars. Do not know the extent of a full on race car yours is. I take it that it is pretty far if your going that route. That is a great system to go with and really nice for space and maintenance. It also gives you a really good feel of the course when braking. It's a different pedal feel because now your pivot point is below you foot pad then above.
Yes it's pretty much full on race car. I've done manual brakes befor on a lighter European car and pedal boxes before but not floor mounted. It's the ease of access and adjustments I'm after. Also may bee a tad lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts