Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of tires and can get a cheap set of wheels. Any experience would help.

Thanks,
Edward

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, the full tire size is 305/30/18. I know this is wider than ideal for the 9.5" GT500 wheels; but I tracked this same tire on my Lightning wheels of the same width. I'm not too concerned with the rear; I'm more concerened about front clearance.

Thanks,
Edward

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I needed to hear, Shawn. I don't know how much the wheels are yet. But I'm hoping not to spend more than $500. I don't trust the Chinese knockoff wheels. I've seen too many fail at the track. Plus they tend to be quite a bit heavier than the OEM wheels.

Thanks again,
Edward

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any pics of your wheels on your car? I really like the look of those wheels; and I've been thinking about them for my everyday wheels. I'd be fine with these wheels on an autocross course; but I wouldn't have the same comfort level on some of the high speed corners on the road courses I run. I think I'll be good to go with the tires. Even though they'll come in 5mm more than yours, they're also 10mm narrower.

Thanks for all the input,
Edward

1 - 9 of 9 Posts