Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been thinking about adding the front 12pt bars to my 10pt cage..
I really don't want to add the extra weight up front though so im undecided.

Not really asking this from a safety standpoint, (feel safe with the 10)
But more chassis stiffening... Also running front coil overs which add more flex to the shock towers too...

I think most are just running 10points, so comment away! Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put them in!! As far as weight goes, it will NOT effect you car for traction whatsover........

As for front flex, it helped tremendously.......and it definately helps with steering control when coming down from the air.....;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine are welded to the shock tower and frame rail next to the motor plate. Don't see how the extra 5 pounds will affect anything but it definetly adds strength to the chassis.

here's a pic

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
n1vfh81,

So your bars run on the inside of the shock towers huh? Then are just welded to the two 90* tabs on the sides of the towers?

I've seen them ran in two pieces too, cage to the firewall side of the tower, then from the front to the frame....

Wonder which is best? More room in the engine bay the way you have it, for sure!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, do you guys think the suspension should be loaded when welding the front bars on? or Level up on stands like when I did the rest of the cage?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Do you have any other pictures? Thanks!
MIKE

Mine are welded to the shock tower and frame rail next to the motor plate. Don't see how the extra 5 pounds will affect anything but it definetly adds strength to the chassis.

here's a pic

·
Registered
304 Posts
n1vfh81,

So your bars run on the inside of the shock towers huh? Then are just welded to the two 90* tabs on the sides of the towers?

I've seen them ran in two pieces too, cage to the firewall side of the tower, then from the front to the frame....

Wonder which is best? More room in the engine bay the way you have it, for sure!
I wanted mine ran like that so there wasn't any tubes in the engine compartment. I'm really happy with how it came out. I'm sure either way works just a matter of which one you like.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like them like that! Better then in the engine compartment.

Are they just universal front bars or did you bend them up?

And are they in the way of your side filler panels? being its cut out I assume your do that...

Thanks man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts