Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up one from a friend of mine. Kind of thinking about putting it on my car to fine tune the 42 psi injectors and etc... I have recently installed an AFM N91 cam along with those injectors in a 347. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using one in my car n/a. I have also used it with a turbo and a stock motor and tuned a couple other cars/helped with the install. Definitely recommend it. What do you need to know?

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buddy used it on his NA stock mustang and quickly decided he didn’t need it. I’m wanting to run it on my car to fine tune it with the 42# injectors. I’ve never set one up from the start, but I’m familiar with adjusting the VE fuel and spark tables.

I know I can start with a base tune, but will need to adjust for the larger injectors. I’ve been doing a lot of reading which probably won’t make sense unless I’m working in tuner studios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I loved it even when I was stock, but I like to tinker. I definitely recommend tunerstudio ultra, there are table generators for AFR and VE that are pretty helpful, especially for building start up tables for bigger injectors. The most important piece in my opinion to the tuning side of the install is making sure the sensors are all calibrated correctly, even with the base tune. The base tune has the settings for the standard map sensor but the PNP unit has the 4 bar MAP (mhx6400). If they are all correct, autotune on a nice little drive will get the tune really close. I then go in and smooth out the ve table and then have a friend drive while I manually tune to get the drivability nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just set your injector size and your desired A/F table and it will generate the VE table and the autotune will zero it in. I HIGHLY suggest to set the autotune to some point above idle as it will be hell to get the idle dialed in! I have 42# and they work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts