Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Autotap right now and wondering if anyone here uses it? If so, what are your opinions on it?

P.S. If you know of anyone selling one for the mustang, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just ordered one mine yesterday. Me and one of my buddies got in on a GP for it. We got the GM / Ford kit since we both have both vehicles. Good price on it also. I will find out where the GP is happening at and let you know.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I use it and I like it. When I asked this same question last year, pretty much everyone said it is a helpful "tool" but not a necessity. It was also suggested NOT to use it as a fine tuning tool. It is pretty much to be used for clearing DTC's and for datalogging sensors. I have only used mine about 10 times, but it has definitely been VERY handy all 10 times. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
What is an Autotap. Is it just a scanner to read and clear codes with or is it like the Hypertech Programmer that can adjust things like timing, rev limiter ect. Sorry, i am just confused with all this computer stuff thats out on the market. thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
As others have said, I use autotap to tune part-throttle cruise and WOT (as well as other tools like wideband, EGT probes, etc.) while tuning cars with the MAFterburner. It is very useful as a window into your system and for the price, it has good "bang for the buck."

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts