Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the crank, rods and pistons from my block yesterday and the only bearings that didn't show copper were the cam bearings.
For the cylinder bore crosshatch looking so good and no ridge at the top of the cylinder, I am surprised to see such bad bearings. Many of them were mostly copper and had to make a heck of a racket. I am certainly happy that I didn't just throw my Kenne Bell on it and try to run this 40,000 mile engine.

So, now I'm running the numbers for block cleaning, Mag inspection, line boring, honing cylinders for moly rings, resizing rods, mag inspect the rods, removing pistons from rods, new gaskets, new bearings, rings, turning and mag inspect the stock crank and possibly new pistons and balancing and the price is getting pretty close to a balanced, blueprinted, forged piston assembled short block from Fox Lake Racing.

The Fox Lake Racing 306ci is short of $1700, add $150 for 5140 I-Beams or $250 for 4340 H-Beams and it hardly seems worth bothering to blueprint and assemble the engine myself.

So, has anyone here run one of their engines or know someone that has?

What was their experience?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I contacted Fox Lake and they no longer sell engines.

Now wonder the price was so good, it was an old web site ad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts