Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for pictures of a 26x10 ET Drag slick on 10-holes. I have a line on some 26x10's and they are waaaaaaaaaaay easier to find than 26 x 8.5.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn son! That thing gets out. Those tires don't look too big for the wheels either...

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
They will bulge pretty good...your putting a 10" tire on a 7" rim. Even with low tire pressures at the track you will probably only see about a 8" wide contact patch.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will bulge pretty good...your putting a 10" tire on a 7" rim. Even with low tire pressures at the track you will probably only see about a 8" wide contact patch.
That makes sense... not to mention that we are already running a turbocoupe 8.8 with the longer axles, meaning fender clearance with the 10" slicks could be a problem we don't want to deal with. This is a budget h/c/i car so Weld wheels are not in its future. Just want to hit Famoso raceway and beat on it a bit. Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The E/T streets look alot smaller than my M/T drag radials. Actually to me they look a little small, I was worried they wouldnt hook. This vid was the 1st attempt using my 2 step and also the 1st pass the E/T streets.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The E/T streets look alot smaller than my M/T drag radials. Actually to me they look a little small, I was worried they wouldnt hook. This vid was the 1st attempt using my 2 step and also the 1st pass the E/T streets.
ET Streets are totally different in terms of their width ratings ...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I wouldn't run a 26X10 on anything under 8". You lose a lot of footprint, and stability.

This is on a 26X10 ET Drag, on a Summit Drag Thrust 15X8's.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I didnt think of the rim size affecting the contact patch.

Ratezd, have not been back to the track since all the changes made. Not sure if I will be able to leave on the 2 step.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts