Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to port my iron GT-40 and i dont want to over-grind . where to remove material and where to not remove . They are not P head

Thanks

i already port my E7 but GT-40 look different .

:)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
porting heads without a flow bench will only hurt them. you may think you are opening the ports up and improving flow but in reality you are distrubing waves and hindering air flow by causeing reversion.

Reactions: Putyoutorest

·
Registered
29 Posts
you will probly benifit most from a port/gasket match and a valve bowl blend. flow bench acess you can further benifit from!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
its pretty tough to hurt an e7 or iron gt40 head...do a search

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i want to do a port match and bowl job but

i find a lot of detail about the E7 but nothing for the GT-40 .

thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I wouldn't match the ports at all...just concentrate on the areas that "hurt" flow, smooth the short turn and contour the guides, open them up a little bit at the pushrod area of the intake and take out any big bumps, smooth out the bowls and bring them upto your valve seats

Reactions: 2dxtrm

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAT88GT said:
I wouldn't match the ports at all...just concentrate on the areas that "hurt" flow, smooth the short turn and contour the guides, open them up a little bit at the pushrod area of the intake and take out any big bumps, smooth out the bowls and bring them upto your valve seats

should i shave the small ring bump just below the valve seat ?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just sent money for a set of GT40s that I wanna home port as well so I'm very interested in any info as well. I found more detailed info on E7s and ver sketchy walkthroughs for the 40s. I'm going to want to keep mine simple and effective for 1.7s and stock cam most likely with supportive intake hardware to complement similar to your stuff Lekid. Your setup sounds very similar to what I have/have waiting to get installed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FOXRODDER said:
I just sent money for a set of GT40s that I wanna home port as well so I'm very interested in any info as well. I found more detailed info on E7s and ver sketchy walkthroughs for the 40s. I'm going to want to keep mine simple and effective for 1.7s and stock cam most likely with supportive intake hardware to complement similar to your stuff Lekid. Your setup sounds very similar to what I have/have waiting to get installed.
the only thing i would like to change in the futur its the cam . but .. it s too easy to fit a wrong cam than a very good cam so i will keep the stock one to stay away from problem .

:leghump:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
LeKiD302 said:
should i shave the small ring bump just below the valve seat ?
are you getting a valve job? I'd finish that part after the seats are cut

·
Registered
361 Posts
I ported a set of e7 heads. Cleaned up the bowls , matched the ports and removed the thermal humps and installed a new set of valve springs and roller rockers. I also had a 3 angle valve job done. With a stock EFI and a Trickflow stage 1 cam it really improved the performance.I did'nt have it dynoed, but you could really feel the difference.Later on I installed 24lb injectors,75 mm throttle and mass air sensor. I had a explorer upper and lower intake ported.Even with the E7 heads it hauled ass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts