Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting closer and closer to getting my engine into the car yet I still have not found a reasonably priced CTS or F-body pan. I have an LQ9 out of an Escalade. Anyone done it, does it hang too low?

Anyone got a CTS or F-body pan?

Bueller?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am! My car has 6.0 with truck pan and aje kmember. It is low but ive driven it 1000 miles so far with no dragging or hitting on anything. I think as long as your farely carefull you'll be ok. I do plan on changing to cts or fbody pan eventually just for added safety but thats the only reason.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i test fit it and it scared me too much. ordered a cts pan. if you've got a truck pan all you need is the cts pan, pickup, dipstick tube, and dipstick. you can get all of that stuff on partstaxi dot com for 205 shipped fyi. brand new gm stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i bought my ls1 pan, pick up tube, windage tray for $25 at ther junk yard. The truck pan was way too close to the floor

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really can not believe you guys can get away with a truck pan on the street, it was LOW. Even with the CTS pan it hangs a little below the K-member. I'd be scared to pull out of my driveway with the truck pan!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I really have yet to hit mine on anything and we have some pretty bad roads here in Kansas. Ive contemplated on pulling motor and changing it but since I havent hit it yet i havent really worried about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts