Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is very likely that ill be moving to NC this summer. how are the emission standards? does my car need to have cats on it? can i get classic plates for my 82 capri? any info would be much appreciated.

668 Posts
You are good. Emission are only for vehicles '96 and newer. You vehicle only requires the Safety Inspection. If you take the vehicle to a non-commercial inspection station,I think you will be good.

Safety Inspection Includes:
1. Horn
2. Windshield Wipers
3. Mirror
4. Steering
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system)
7. Tires
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System
11. Beam Indicator
12. Tail Lamps (2);
13. Stop Lamps (2);
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2
16. Turn Signal Lamps
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old

My experience with inspections have been really relaxed. They only checked the lights and horn. They didn't even bother looking under the car.

As I mentioned before, take to a shop owned by a guy name Cleatus, don't take it to a chain.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts