Ford Mustang Forums banner

30781 - 30789 of 30789 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Congrats, better late than never at all. I'm waiting for a parcel from eBay that went by a shipping partner(Amazon), to Nashville on Dec. 27th. It hasn't moved since then, likely due to the Christmas bombing, and the seller says that the PO has big delays.

I have a pair of seats here that I need reupholstered, and a friend's brother recommended a local guy. I have to get the seats in hand(in storage), and take them to the man who seems to do great work. Getting something started is half the job, for me.

Reactions: Michael Yount

·
Registered
35,785 Posts
We mailed by priority mail a letter and a small package to our daughter in Atlanta. Delivered them to USPS on Dec. 17th. Atlanta particularly hard hit with the runoff election mail ballots. When we mailed them they expected the letter would arrive on Monday Dec. 21, and the package on Tues. Dec. 22. The letter got there on January 6th - and it was so torn up that she BARELY salvaged a personal check and a gift card. The package got there on Jan. 9th. Even with FedEx and UPS, tracking means nothing anymore it seems.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
The tracking is useless because USPS is being used in a lot of cases. Their tracking system is incompatible with both their systems.
I’ve had up to two week delays on some window stickers. No rhyme or reason, some great some not.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yes, the PO is being used as the final destination delivery, while the items are shipped by others(DHL,UPS,Fedex, and now Amazon) from the sender to that final office. So the USPS tracking always shows not accepted by them for much of the trip(the tracking).

In Sevierville we have about two USPS trucks come each day from the main Knoxville office. But the UPS, Fedex, and Amazon bring parcels directly to our office. I think there's one for UPS and Fedex each day, but Amazon comes three times or more.

The back ups in the PO I'm told are mainly in the large distribution centers, where they do have more parking space to "store" trucks there. The smaller offices can't do that, they are forced to handle it. I heard that there were 29 trucks at one time parked in Chattanooga, which I didn't know was one of those big distribution centers. Knoxville isn't really, but it covers all surrounding counties, 377, 378, and 379(Knoxville) offices.

The world is on fire right now, people have plenty of money to spend, and everyone thinks the government is going to solve everything. A lot of people don't seem to be worried, yet they are scared of the virus, because the government convinced them it's terrible.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Say Richard, can you do anything with an old air cleaner decal, or know who could modify(recreate) one? I've got this one watched on eBay, and it's close to what I'd like. My 73 Ford had a blue and white decal on the air cleaner, but those 70's models had lots of garbage trivial details on them, plus they stated regular fuel.

This one is really close to what I'd like, but for the orange color and the "4V" script. I'd like it to say "3V"(change the 3 to a 4), leave off the corner copyright number, and make the orange the correct blue color. Does that make sense, do you think someone can do that with this, if it's the correct diameter to match a 70's air cleaner? I wouldn't care if it had adhesive, it'll just need a top coating to survive the engine bay.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts
Yes, I could easily do that. Would just need dimensions. Would print on 3m vinyl and then laminate topcoat. Would last a long time on an air cleaner.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
That sounds great. I hope this Summer to be starting on my Ranchero in some ways. That reproduction decal is one of many that run about $10-15 on eBay, I'd like to buy that one and send it to you to work with.

I used to have a spare air cleaner years ago, but a few things were stolen from the bed of the truck, the old C6 was the only thing I regret losing. Those are kind of rare, a SBF version.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771
30781 - 30789 of 30789 Posts