Ford Mustang Forums banner

29701 - 29720 of 29728 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Indeed!! “One legged dog” burnouts!

Next mower to have two wheels with power.... What good is a one legged dog?

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
Great details great job!

Not much going on here car wise. Having issues with communication between WB and PMS InterACQ. Need input of some who’ve done it as my wiring harness has different colored wires. Otherwise it works great. I reactivated FB account (I know) so I could interact with PMS group there. So far no response. Scott Noe told me I was the last car he tuned with InterACQ 16-17yrs ago. Lol! New stuff is far better. But I am fine with this set up still.

Double checked my NOS activation and all is well. Need new colder plugs before I juice it (only 100hp).

Wifey killed the transaxle in my John Deere 180 circa 1986. So looking into Cub Cadet ZT2 or a John Deere Z500 series, both zero turn. We will see. Learning still....
You should also look at Ferris. The four wheel suspension is a game changer. Speed is a huge factor for getting mowing done, and the suspension lets you mow at a faster speed. Add a suspension seat and you’ll be amazed. I would stay away from any units offered at big box stores, as they usually have a lot less durability. I went with the 700z. Dad went with the 3200z. It’s a beast! Lol

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
What’s the next modification, Micheal?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
You should also look at Ferris. The four wheel suspension is a game changer. Speed is a huge factor for getting mowing done, and the suspension lets you mow at a faster speed. Add a suspension seat and you’ll be amazed. I would stay away from any units offered at big box stores, as they usually have a lot less durability. I went with the 700z. Dad went with the 3200z. It’s a beast! Lol
Thanks I was looking at the Meade Shop and hadn’t heard of those. I’ll look! :cool:

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
Mine has the 27hp/61" cut. I mow two acres in about 50 minutes. One acre is a former pasture that's a bit rough, rest is house/garage with assorted trees and stuff to mow around. It's a briggs motor.

Dads is a 37hp/61" cut Kawasaki big block fuel injected. It's a bit thirsty when running but runs really well. Sounds like a Harley Davidson at idle. Does 12.5mph. Mine only does just over 10. It has four wheel independent suspension plus suspension seat. Kid you not, rides like an independently sprung four wheeler. It's pretty amazing. Of course, it's a high dollar mower. I've got 6k in mine. He has double in his. He later admitted to me that he really didn't need that much mower. LOL

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
Craftsman FWD 21” walk behind with 5.5HP Honda motor. Old school. With it, I never stop cutting 2 acres; just pause for gas. By the time the back is done I start over on the front.

Panhard rod.

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
Yikes. Good exercise but the time to do that isn’t acceptable for me. If retired, maybe. :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Lol! Great input Thanks. $6k is near my limit con this purchase but I’d rather be $4.5. I have a 30deg slope in my backyard which folks say is a no no for Zturn. BUT when I have guys mow it when my equipment is down they have no trouble with Zturns. I am sure that’s are ways to NOT do it.

I had it mowed yesterday and watched the lines the guy took.... same as what I did with my lawn tractor.

Off on Fridays this month. Furlough. I wonder what the numbers look like when company’s give their second quarter results. Sheesh.

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
Wonder? Shouldn't be too hard to imagine - most everybody's numbers suck - except grocery stores, WalMart, Amazon and UPS/FedEx.

Just kidding Richard. That is the "rig" I have --- got it from my F-I-L when he stopped cutting his grass back around 2001. Takes me about 30 minutes to cut what amounts to about 5000 sq ft of grass. Our yard is mostly "bed" -- heavy, heavy shade. Which means tons of debris pickup all the time.

And I mis-spoke - before Panhard rod comes checking out the A/C function. Just put new belt on when I did the pulley re-alignment. And checked when I put the electric fan on - when I turn on A/C, the clutch engages and the fan comes on at 50% as designed. Maybe I'll get lucky. On the vid (shot in October) that was with the auction, Angel is driving with all the windows up. And October in Austin is usually still pretty warm. So I'm thinking he had the A/C on then.

Mazda's 2 year 10 month old Panasonic OEM battery up and died Thursday warning. Drove car Sunday - no problems. Sat until Thurs and no bueno. Wouldn't take a charge. Pulled newish battery out of Corolla and put in the Mazda and everything worked properly. Irony -- this morning, driving my 47 year old car to Advance Auto to pick up a new battery for the newer (2017), more reliable car that was stuck in my garage at home.

Test drive on Corolla - first rate. Engine quiet and all the rocking motion GONE. And the whole front end feels much more of "one piece" now - whether encountering bumps and giving the steering wheel a quick, hard turn. Daddy's happy.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great news on the success of the effort!

And your right I phrased that numbers sentence poorly. I wonder what things will look like when the numbers come out.i don’t see this rise currently as real. I think dead cat bounce. Especially if news of a second wave of the virus Lines up at same time.

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
Hertz filed for bankruptcy. I don't think the rental car/airline/travel/hotel/entertainment industries will ever be the same again. Jeez, LasVegas is an entire city that's essentially non-essential. Property values there are going to look nice.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Yeah I read that this week on Hertz. Good point in Vegas.

·
Registered
35,444 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Wow. Auto manufacturers are feelin’ some PaiN.

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
Checked A/C today - cool, not cold. Had a few ounces of 134 (Angel confirmed 134, not 12) in one of those cans with a gauge/trigger. Only about 25 psig on suction side. Put some in and was seeing 25-30 psig suction. Noticeably colder. Went for a ride. Almost civilized.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I’ve got a small 5pai/ 2 day leak in one Stang tire. Does fix a flat work at times? I’ve Plugged my own but but just wondering...

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
If it's a puncture - pull whatever did it out and plug it. I wouldn't use fix-a-flat unless I was stuck somewhere I absolutely didn't wanna be.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Yeah I know you’re right. Thanks I will tomorrow.

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
I guess I should add - if you contemplate some harder/higher speed runs (with the nitrous for example), safety would, for me, dictate taking the tire off the rim so it can be patched from the backside.

29701 - 29720 of 29728 Posts