29241 - 29243 of 29243 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Bobs got BOOST!! Woop Woop!!

·
Registered
12,293 Posts
LOL I missed the 104 octane as well. Was comparing to 87. Glad to see I’m not totally nuts (yet).
Alternator for the geo finally arrived. Looks like the alternator has to come out the bottom. Sigh.
Drove the 14 focus a day or to and managed around 39mpg. 160hp direct injected, six speed DCT, 2.0 liter and around 3000#.
Been driving the 11 sonata for last week and a half. 36mpg. 274hp direct injected turbo, six speed auto, 2.0L and 3200#.
You can guess which one is the more fun to drive. Final drive ratio on the focus is numerically higher, as it turns around 300 more rpm in high gear.
I terstomg how close the sonata is in mpg, yet almost double the hp. Turbos make for nice efficiency, and the sonata is more aero than the focus (.28vs.30).
Then, you look at the the old 96 Geo with the same trip getting 52.5mpg. Turns way more rpm than the other two, but half the displacement. And only 55hp. Lol. It turns around 800 more rpm at speed compared to the focus. Only weighs around 1800#.
Still holding out for the Elio Motors vehicle to come out but not holding my breath. Lol

·
Registered
35,270 Posts
Your window rails had the same affliction as the cables/wire in my heater control panel. Gunked up == lots of friction == bent wires when you try and 'push' them into the wire housing. Clean/Lube == problem solved!

BTW Chris - I had the same problem in the Volvo a year or two ago. The driver's side window (manual regulator) had become so stiff I was concerned I was going to break something. Took the door card off. Didn't see anything wrong - concluded it was all gunked up. So I cleaned with brake cleaner - and then lubed every hinge point I could see/get to. Works like new.

29241 - 29243 of 29243 Posts