Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired a dart iron eagle block, callies crank, and some oliver billet rods. Once all the machine work is done it should be just under 358 cid. I plan on running around a 200 runner head from afr or tfs and a supporting intake. I am going to get a custom cam based on all this plus the turbo I choose. My question is, has anyone ran a precision turbo 6768 cea billet turbo or something similar? The reason I ask is I ran across a good deal on one that was taken off a supra and swapped for a 6766 to spool quicker. The turbo he has is the H compressor housing (4" inlet 3" outlet), t4 flange with a .81 a/r exhaust housing, with the journal bearing and has less than 4k miles on it. Will this turbo work on my proposed setup, or would it be a good replacement for my on3 70mm that I am currently running on my stock 95 cobra(has head studs)?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was thinking but was hoping it would work. It was a heck of a deal though he only wanted half of what it cost new.

Would it work on my setup now? Stock 95 cobra engine with 9333pt1s and studs and 70mm on3 kit. It made 390rwhp on 10lbs on a dyno dynamics with this setup. Full boost ~ 3200rpm

Forgot to mention power goal with dart block ~ 700-750rwhp

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
It would probably work on decent on your current stock motor. But a 358" motor with good heads is going to need alot more turbo. For a goal of 700-750hp....if you want to stay with a T4 flange hot side....find something in the 76 to 80mm range with the biggest exhust wheel you can get in a T4 housing. I'd swap to a T6 exhaust if it was me. A plain $650 BWS475 T6 would easily meet your goals.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply I will keep that in mind when selecting my turbo. I believe i will let the 6768 pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts