Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to build my own and first turbo kit for my 97. I am not familiar with turbos or their components what-so-ever. Does anyone have any pictures of their's to help me out?

If you have pictures of factory bought turbo kits on your 96-98 GT please post them. They will help also.

Thanks, Steve:salute:

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
The vendor kits usually require the installation of a tubular k-member ........ That will open up all kinds of room for you.

Just route everything using common sense to keep it neat and streamlined. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent seen a turbo setup in person yet, im sure once i see one and how it is routed ill understand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was originally gonna buy the new forward facing header turbo kit from on3 but i like doing my own work. It gives me a sense of pride when i can say i built it myself. Plus im on a tight budget being that im not even 17 yet and dont have a job.

And i will check out that website. Thank you both

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Stop. You don't have a job? Even a do it yourself deal won't work then. You need some money to setup and tune the car, as if you try to half ass your way through you are going to actually cost yourself more.

I'm not saying that you will wreck it because you are 17, or anything else, I am saying going fast costs money, money that you don't have or make, and unless you like walking or have rich parents that will buy you another car while your engine is in 4 or 5 major pieces you are going down a precarious road.

Chris

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Chris, I have money saved up. I just dont believe my parents will let me touch it, especially for my car. Maybe my best bet is going with the on3 kit. I know my car is gonna be in pieces and im fine with that.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
a nitrous kit might be a LOT cheaper option and then you dont have to tare your car apart. if not buy the on3 kit and put a very mild tune on it and hammer down. once you have a complete kit its pretty much self explanatory how everything goes together. goodluck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts