Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, on Saturday i had a massive power surge at my apartment that blew up the surge protector and the two computers that are connected to it. I talked to Erie Insurance today and they said that i am fully covered against this kind of damage and a claims adjuster will call me later today. How do they determine the value of the machines, one is a gaming rig and i still have the invoices from when i purchased. The other is an 8 core xeon video server that is 2 years old and i do not have receipts. Do i have to make a list of comparable parts? How does it all work ?

I have a 250.00 deductible so i'm assuming that what ever the value of the equipment is i;ll get cut a check minus the 250 ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is likely how they will go about writing a check. I would see if your surge protector has a policy as its a better bet.

For what its worth, I made a claim (altho much larger) and once it paid out, I was dropped and getting new policy was a bear and cost at least 2-3x as much. So from my experience as well as many other colleagues, I would never claim on renters/home unless it was catastrophic. A couple hundred/couple G's isnt worth the future headaches in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i just got off the phone with them. I have to take the two machine, that i built to a repair shop in town and get them to say "yes" its broken then i can submit the claim. Itll be for around 1775.00 minus the 250.00 deductible plus what ever the shop charges to diagnose the machines.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Most policies are new replacement cost, not old device value.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i had to take them to a shop and they are quoting out my equipment at current prices so it'll be the exact same but current technology. I'm ok with it just want my systems up and running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts