Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one in a mag into a older body style..Like a 85 mustang and it looked do able. Although a 5-6" cowl would prob. be needed. for that exact setup.

You can buy these motors complete and they have good parts inside from what I understand..
I dunno, maybe a Procharger or similar S/C could be used instead of the top mount supercharger to reduce the height of the motor.

I mean thats a lot of extra cubes...It just seems like something that could be done
Motor mounts are the same from what I understand.

Maybe it would be better to do a Cobra motor swap instead of the 2v motor. Then replace the pistons and rods. and supercharge it...... THe added cubes just make it a tempting swap.
Is that the intercooler under the blower? Just trying to figure out why it sits so high.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah that would be an awsome swap. :evil:

The intercooler is located under the supercharger. I wonder just how much taller it would be in the engine bay of my 01 GT:eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
well, just from looking at the two motors side by side i think it would fit between the shock towers but that s/c height would require atleast a 6" cowl hood. i have the motortrend that they did an article on in the july of 2000 issue with a 99+ mustang with a L motor and t56 and it says, "so far all we had to do was change the steering linkage, dimple the shock towers a bit, and modify the engine mounts slightly, the crossmember stayed the same." that was mark smith, supervisor for NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) development. the picture of the engine bay does show a different upper plenum. instead of coming from the top to the back of the s/c it comes from the passengerside next to the s/c. but that is nothing a big ass cowl wont fix right.

i am sure it can be done, but i am also sure it wont be cheap. certainly would be different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts