Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have thought about doing for a while now, but never got going with it. I have a good job, with a surprisingly flexible schedule, I work half in the field/half from home most days.

I am really considering seeing if I can setup a little detailing shop out of my house/garage and try doing maybe a few cars a week for some extra car parts money! I have a 4 year old, and my wife is a stay at home mom, so the extra money is always welcome.

I was thinking, buy a pressure washer, a new polisher/buffer and of course lots of microfibers etc. I have a steam cleaner that I can use for upholstory that works fantastic.

I have always been very ocd with my cars and have taught myself a lot of tricks along the way..I know there are people out there that make good money doing this, I'm not looking to make it my main income, just supplemental. Any tips, advice, do and don'ts from those that do it?

·
Corral Charter Member
24,972 Posts
I would read a few of these, even if you know already, reinforcement is good. Car Detailing

Autopia has members that detail for their main income and those that do it as a extra income job. You can learn a lot about the business in those forums.

I detailed a few cars, 5 per month, for extra income for a few years.

I would skip the pressure washer as it is not needed IMO. I would probably tell you not to use it on my vehicle if you showed up with one to do my car. If you keep the supplies down to what is needed the cost of entry can be pretty low.

Good luck.

Michael Means

1 - 2 of 2 Posts