Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen maybe 2 old forum post about some users (now long gone) that did it,but Has anyone done it that's active on the forums done it if so what modifications,and fab work did you have to do?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My '92 notch is currently LS-powered but when I first got it, I put a 2JZ/TH400 in it. Bought the car as a roller with a AJE K-member that was used for a mod-motor. I modified the k-member for the 2JZ and set the engine back as far as possible. Modified the tranny mount brackets in the tunnel for the setback and made a simple tranny mount bracket. Ran a Haltech and tried using the internal crank trigger wheel and OEM sensor but couldn't get it to work so I ended putting the wheel on the balancer and fabbed a bracket for Hall-sensor. Too much detail to put in one post and lots of pics. I can put it here in a series of posts or do it direct with you in email.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
My '92 notch is currently LS-powered but when I first got it, I put a 2JZ/TH400 in it. Bought the car as a roller with a AJE K-member that was used for a mod-motor. I modified the k-member for the 2JZ and set the engine back as far as possible. Modified the tranny mount brackets in the tunnel for the setback and made a simple tranny mount bracket. Ran a Haltech and tried using the internal crank trigger wheel and OEM sensor but couldn't get it to work so I ended putting the wheel on the balancer and fabbed a bracket for Hall-sensor. Too much detail to put in one post and lots of pics. I can put it here in a series of posts or do it direct with you in email.
I bet that was a fun ride, do you have a build thread anywhere?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got a 2jz engine in pieces all good machined parts here that I may be willing to part with if your interested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts