Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing that my chrome wheels order would delay my '03 Cobra to August-September, I called my dealer today to see whether I could change the order to polished wheels. Had to leave a message...the SVT guy was out of town. Anybody else had succuss changing their order? I'll prolly wind up with after market wheels anyhow. What's the use in paying more for chrome, and also having to wait 3-4 more months for delivery?
Later,
CW

·
Registered
34 Posts
How did you find out that the chrome wheels are delayed? I talked to someone at SVT last week and he said that the cobra is still on course for a May production date. No word of any delays for chrome wheels. If they are delayed I will wait, I still have my GT until it comes in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just got off of the phone with Matt at SVT. He told me that the chrome wheels are indeed delayed and that if you wanted to change your order you can and it will not affect your orders status. He told me that if you have it changed to make sure that the dealer modifies the order and does not cancel the order and then reorder the car with out the chrome wheels. If you do that you will push back your order. It sounds as if they have filled all the early production run orders. I may change my mind and just get the regular wheels, I put my order in the first week of Feb. and don't want to wait until winter... What a pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00gtAtlantic:
I'm with you...I can just see August slipping into September, then October. Besides, I have a set of AFS 10.5" chrome Cobra R wheels that I just might have to put on instead of the stock ones anyhow. I'm gonna call Monday and change my order if the dealer will let me. BTW, I got my info from Quentin at SVT (1-800-Ford-SVT) on Friday, April 5. Presumably these guys at SVT know what they are talking about. I just hope the dealer knows all about it. Believe it or not, the factories don't always do a good job of communicating with the dealer.
Later,
CW

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed my order Friday morning after asking my salesman to confirm the slip Thursday night. I wanted the chromed rims, so I'll probably end up getting them chromed somewhere.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I called the dealer I ordered mine from today. I was told that they knew about the delay with the chrome wheel option, but didn't know how long. He said they were going to a meeting later in the week with SVT and would be back on monday with more info. He asked me if I wanted to change my order to non-chrome and I told him I'd wait until monday when they get more info.

I am willing to wait until august for the chrome wheels, but not much after that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm sticking with my original order, of chrome rims.. August, Sept Oct.. I don't care.. they will get here sometime, and the later it is, the larger my down payment can be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts