Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you had problems with streaking? I just got the product and I can see streaking. The shine is incredible, but when you get up close it shows streaks. I know black is a tough color, it shows everything. I have experience with waxing and polishing black cars and I am pretty good at it. But this stuff has me at a loop on my cobra. Any advice is surely welcomed.

JC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Need more drying time

Zaino is bad about taking a while to dry. Mke sure it dries completely like 20 min or more before taking it off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might want to send them an email and ask for help. I have emailed Zaino twice and they responded very fast with detailed answers - very helpful people! They have a link on their web site for the address.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The streaks are probably the cause of not letting it dry enough. Remember, apply very thin coats of zanio. I have done many coats on a black and dark blue stangs and the come out perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the previous posters. Zaino needs
to thoroughly dry to get the best results. I've
noticed that I get the best results when the
outside temp is 70+ degrees and I let it dry
for about 2 hours.

·
Registered
749 Posts
no probs here - a thin coat is the key to success and the proper cloth for application and wiping

·
Registered
298 Posts
The first time I used it, I made a mess. Streaks everywhere, it still wasn't dry after leaving it in the shop overnight. It was just on too heavy, even though I thought it was about right. If you can see more than a couple light streaks of haze as it's drying, it's too heavy. You should barely see it at all.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about.

I've never had my zaino dry in 20 min.. I think that's because I use toooo much, but I will try to use less from now on.

It was a royal streak nightmare.

Drying in my case was at least 1-2 hours.

Shawn

·
Registered
410 Posts
4 black vehicles I have used zaino on so far.
lessons learned:
-light coats are key
-i always waited 1+hr for wax to dry prior to using zxf
-drying the car before wax apply is very important and i never can get all of the water off, like from the inside of mirrors and stuff
-also, use the new zxf? product, wax will dry in 20-30 minutes and allow you to do multiple coats on car. follow instructions and don't use more then 2 ounces, 2 ounces did 3 coats on my car and i had left over, used 8 drops of zxf on 2 ounces. i did 3 coats of z5 wax in under 2 hours last week 60* weather, looked fine.
-now the z6 stuff i don't like, it always streaks and i can't seem to ever get the stuff off, others have raved about it, just hasn't worked for me
-actually only been using z5, i like the look better on black, when applied z2 it looks better in sun, but overall weather the z5 alone looks better, JMO
-claybar, i am still not convinced it's worth anything on a new vehicle, and it's a PITA always dropping the damn thing, but neverless i will do it on the new truck when it gets the first waxing

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts