Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
m2300k and 17x9 03 cobra satin wheels 6.12 inch backspacing

anybody got this set up on their car? thats what im looking to have on my 89 gt. its lowered w/ eibach pro kit springs, but has removed smog pump/ac, and has aluminum heads. does anybody have any problems w/ the 6.12 inch backspacing? there might be some rubbing w/ a 245 45 17 tire right? would a 245 40 17 tire help the issue? pretty much tell me how you like the set up.

ps eventually i will go w/ coilovers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Cobra Wheels

Howdy....I have a 92 coupe with 2003 Cobra factory wheels. I just purchased the car so I am not really familiar with it, but....The fronts have no spacer and do rub at near full lock. The rears have a 1/4 inch spacer and do not rub. Goodyear F1's 245/275.
My thought is a 1/4 spacer in the front as well from Maximum Motorsports, and replace the rears due to vibration. ( want to eliminate spacer as source of vib, and i trust MM spacer / products ). *EDIT* car has Steeda sport springs
Forgive my ignorance but what the heck is M2300K ?
Hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m2300k is the package offered by ford racing that converts the front/rear brakes to 5 lug and has every nut and bolt to do it. it uses the cobra brakes set up.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Don't forget, that the Baer axles are only just under a 1/4" longer per side, and the SN95 axles in the m2300K kit are 3/4" longer per side. It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id be using fox length axles anyways as im getting my rear end built. this is a street/strip car. im going w/ spool and 17/9 03 cobras for the street, and 15/16 inch wheels/slicks for the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts