Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam thinking about this i can pick one up cheapish for my 9 year old.but i will need to buy a enclosed trailer,and a generator.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
a good friend of mine had one when we were kids in elementary school it was pretty damn fast he used to beat up on some of the full length dragsters too

the best it ever ran was 3.90s in the 1/8th and 6.0s in the 1/4 on all 3 kits

was a "cheater" drag, had a HC 408 sbf with a 1000 shot of n2o *no blower*

it ran 8.50s in the 1/4 on all engine

if your interested I have a spare engine available with 0 miles on it, 9:1 408w sbf good for 900rwhp already setup for boost, turn key with ecu and all, just let me know

five oh four six oh six oh five three two

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yea but think about how fast it would be with a 40 pound 5-year old!

·
Registered
957 Posts
My wife and I intend for our boys to race them when they get a few years older. I just know a good friend of mine races and both his boys race jrs and he makes it loud and clear its very much like work when all 3 of them race on the same nights. I just see it as a way for me and my boys to do something together.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have been racing Jr Dragsters fo 8 years. Best time of our life's wouldnt trade the time for anything. Ask me any thing you want to know.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have been racing Jr Dragsters fo 8 years. Best time of our life's wouldnt trade the time for anything. Ask me any thing you want to know.
my main question is about licence does he have to get a nhra licence and join the summit racing club? or is it just like us do we show up tech in and wait for the call?He is nine so the car comes with a 12 sec. motor and a 8 second motor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Go to nhra web site click on Jr dragster page down load the Ap for a license you will need to get your kid a physical then you take that to the track. Just like big car your kid will do licensing passes then the track signs off on it and you send nhra money and they send you a license. At 9 years old you can run the 11.90 class at 11 8.90 and 13 7.90. There is a web site called Jrdragsterplus.com that has lots of good info and helpful people. Good luck and have fun. Feel free if you have any other question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts