Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cool stuff, but at $69,000, I have to ask, what is in it that makes it worth two nice new GTs?

·
Registered
563 Posts
These cars can never legally be put onto a public road. The vin codes are replaced with serial numbers. These are factory race cars. There is no warranty. These cars aren't for road use...Strictly racing...This is very very cool!! Just like the factory lightweights produced in the early to mid 60's....Very cool stuff indeed!!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Vehicle Content:

* 400 hp (est.) 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine
* 6-speed manual transmission standard; optional automatic TBD
* NHRA legal to 10.00 sec ETs
* NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
* Lightweight - 3,300 lbs (est.)
* Unique trim and appearance package
* Drag race wheel/tire combination
* Cobra Jet graphics package

I dont really think for 69 grand I want a 400 hp DOHC supercharged 5.4.. for that kinda money I would think 550-600 hp would be a little more adequate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I dont really think for 69 grand I want a 400 hp DOHC supercharged 5.4.. for that kinda money I would think 550-600 hp would be a little more adequate.
Agreed. If it was a naturally aspirated 400hp 5.4, then it would be cooler, although still not worth that money. But a 400 hp supercharged 5.4 when the Shelby GT500 has 500 hp from the same combination is puzzling to me. There has to be something missing. For $42 you can get a GT500 and while it isn't 3300 lbs by a long shot, that extra 100 hp and 27 large in your pocket should make up for that in no time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do the math a 3300pound car with 400 hp will not go 10,0 wishful thinking .
NHRA don't like race cars and factors them hard , If a chevy can't win they soon make a rule change . Look at what they did with the boss 351 the factory HP rating was 330, NHRA refactored it to over 400 hp this made it invisable in NHRA drag racing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just another one of Fords overpriced gimics:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts