Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay: best pass info (which happens to be the last run I made the last time I raced two weeks ago....)
(60ft)1.726,(330ft)5.202, (1\8th) [email protected], (1\4) new low et [email protected]
Run made in the hottest part of the day(3PM); minimum of 100+ degrees outside. Notes: scaled car(race ready with me in it) @ 3,465lbs. M\T 26x8.5" Drags spun on the rim (I installed rim screws)& plug inspection of Autolite# 3924's indicate combustion temps are a bit too hot(no detonation though & new NGK colder plugs on order). Combo listed below in signature. I short shift at 5,100-5,200rpm in first; 5.800rpm the remaining gears. Dyno info displayed is with cat's & now they are "gutted". The "lower" figures are from before the custom Diablo chip burn:

Suspension: Baseline adj. uppers set at 2 degrees negative, MM drag lowers, airbag in right rear & typically set at 12 psi, & the M\T slicks as mentioned. Front is stock with removed sway bar & front inner bumper reinforcement & mounts.

I think I should 60ft much better than I am; my "old notch" ran 1.60 flat 60ft's with the same setup & tire.... With a less powerful 302..... Any thought or questions?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I short shift first because it runs two tenths faster that way..... ;)
Earlier passes in the day without short shifting= 12.80,12.89,12.89
FYI-1st gear of trans:2.87 & the rear diff is 4.10.
Good point on the front springs..... I kind of forgot that my former 1.60 60 foot'in 'notch had the 4-banger springs & excessively worn out Gabriel struts...... Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts