Ford Mustang Forums banner

Any road racer currently in a build looking for suspension?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SOLISIMO 
#1 ·
Im looking for a road racer that is currently looking into their suspension. I have this ambition of mine to make one hell of a handling car using UPR products. I know they are mainly known for straight performance, but with the right products and spring rates I believe it can be done.

I just need one guy that we can put together a package and build on from there. Of course pricing will be no where near advertised. Please message me if your interested. Consider this as a partial sponsorship.:salute:

#8 ·
Once upon a time I along with a fellow track buddy came in and talked about this very thing to a gentleman there. I forget who he was but he was in charge at the time. Not sure if he's still there. Basically told him to sell us on the idea of using UPR parts for road racing vs the others. He had some ideas about adding metal here and there to the current line of parts for added strength. The price was very tempting to but in the end it was hard to buy parts for road coarse use from a company that's never been in that market. I believe the main fear was the use of the thin walled chromoly tubbing that you guys use for weight advantage. We just didn't think it could hold up under heavy turns. I think it's a good idea and a start, to take a car and start running test like your planning. Big market the road racing deal. Not a bad idea to try and get a piece of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.