Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Money is super tight and when my car got inspected it needed tires so I bought some nittos which pretty much killed my budget for awhile.

I have some serious inside wear issues from when my CC plates were set up in the negative position years ago when I didn't care how long tires lasted.

When inspected they noticed tie rods were getting some play but passed it anyway since I know them, and the car doesn't get a whole lot of miles on it per year.

Wanting to save the tires I figured I'd switch the CC plates to the positive position, toss on a bump steer kit since it needs tie rods or will soon and realign the car.

Is it a waste of money to buy a bump steer kit without having the x2 ball joints?

Wish I had the $400 for both + the alighnment but as it is now I'm hoping to get it done with a giftcard that will make the bump steer kit $100 + the $70 alighnment.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
You don't need X2 balljoints for a bumpsteer kit but you do need a bumpsteer kit for X2 balljoints. And remember, negative camber doesn't kill inside edges, TOE problems do. So fix the toe and/or tie rod ends and be done with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts