Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 60# injectors with an Anderson PMS? Just wondering how much cranking fuel you are removing, i just can't seem to get it where i want. Any input much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I can't say for the PMS tuner, but with my Quarterhorse I just install the injector supplied flow sheet for cranking PW's and all is good. All injectors have tested cranking PW settings from the factory.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
-40 here with the 60's

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
we have tried anywhere from -30 to -80 and the car will not start without touching the gas pedal, shouldn't it ? My 93 does with 42#'s. Thanks for the input.Once it starts it runs fine.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
we have tried anywhere from -30 to -80 and the car will not start without touching the gas pedal, shouldn't it ? My 93 does with 42#'s. Thanks for the input.Once it starts it runs fine.
You sure you have the start fuel turned on??

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Is this on a cold start or a hot start??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure you have the start fuel turned on??
You mean am I on the start fuel setting? Doesn't matter hot or cold. Are u able to start it with just the turn of the key, and not touch the pedal at all?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You mean am I on the start fuel setting? Doesn't matter hot or cold. Are u able to start it with just the turn of the key, and not touch the pedal at all?
Yes car starts without touching the gas, I did adjust the temp. comp. because it was to fat on hot starts.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I mean do you have idle control turned on?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
no, do you?
Yes thats what turns on the start fuel, thats why when you change it it isnt doing anything. What series pms do you have?

·
Registered
324 Posts
^ same here. Mine is also set as -40

·
Registered
358 Posts
60's here also but I have mine set at -48 and I also have idle control turned on.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
called out to Anderson today and they said do not turn on the idle control, but we did it anyway and the car revs to 1300 rpms. and i cannot do anything to affect it. They also told me to remove my idle plate, we did and that doesn't really seem to make a difference, now we are getting an issue at 180 dgrees, goes really rich, I'm ready to loose it with this thing.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
just curious Terry why they told you not to turn it on? I'm trying to learn all I can before I get mine

·
Registered
358 Posts
Rick from Anderson ford told me that he would rather see the car idle on it's own. Tweaking the tps voltage, adjusting the idle air control screw (if your aftermarket t-body has that provision), and getting the timing and fuel settings on the PMS calm enough to have the car idle on it's own.

That said it's a rare day that you will meet someone that isn't using the idle control to make the car do what you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts