Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an idea of what I'm going to do. Leaning towards a single 3.5" muffler, but looking to see what others have done. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I originally planned to run a simple 3.5" single, but I didn't really like the sound of it. Too dumptruckish. I ended up getting a 3.5" cutout from Jegs, a flowmaster 3.5" x (2)2-1/2" Y and had a muffler shop tie it all into my aftermarket catback. I can open the cutout at the track and basically run an open downpipe. On the street, it's pretty quiet. PLUS I already had the catback.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I already had a catback, it'd be easier to lean that way. But the car has weld in Flows right now, and they will be gone. I know I don't want a single bullet, too loud. But Dynomax makes a quieter straight through, think it's an Ultraflow Welded, so I'm leaning that way.

I think there was a turbo car exhaust thread a while back with different sound clips...gotta find that one.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
There are multiple videos of my car under my name at the following:

I use a single 3.5 inch dynomax bullet with a 3.5 inch turn down. I have a v band holding an extension pipe and the muffler to the downpipe. I welded a hanger on the cross member.

I'm not sure what you are doing with the car, but my car is quieter then the high 11 second 93 cobra you see in some of those videos on there.

Just remember, turbo cars HATE back pressure, less exhaust the better.

I plan to get an extra v-band flange and make up a turndown I can mount directly to the downpipe to run open exhaust.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is mostly a street car, and I want it somewhat quiet. I know I won't like a Bullet (been there before), but I also worry about a catback hurting performance and even adding more weight to a not-light car. I thought about a simple, easy exhaust like yours, but maybe with a quieter muffler like the Ultraflow Welded in 3.5".

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I see them both on summit...I have:

WLK-24216

The one you are talking about looks like:

WLK-17224

I'm not sure I had a preference one way or the other but I may have been being cheap, the race bullet is 30 less. The welded ultra flo looks small enough where it would likely fit in the spot where I have mine. If you get one I'd be curious to hear a video...lemme know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts