Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hold of a used kit (sleeper tank and everything needed)

It seems like the kit was designed to come off the tank and have the fuel pump and filter mounted on the back of the black plastic tank cover. Then have the feed line run down the driver side in to the engine bay to the rails......then from the rails to the reg.....then down back to the tank. Basically in a shape of loop or circle

It seem having the filter and pump up on the plastic tank cover offers more protection than to have it mounted to the underside of the car.

Is there a way or has anyone be able to run both feed and return beside each other?

I don't know where to come in to the engine bay if i had to use the driver side because all the setups I've seen, the fuel lines come in from the passenger side.

Does anyone have pictures of there system installed?

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
I did an install of one of these systems, it was no problem to run the two feeds on the driver-side and the return on the passenger side. You have plenty of room. You can secure the lines well away from the steering shaft. Run the dual feeds along the outside of the unibody "framerails". You need to disregard how the "stock" feed lines are routed, because you are installing an entire new fuel system and they are not used in any way. There's no worries here, you should have no problems doing this. Having all three lines running on the same side is not what you want. Two feeds on the driver-side, one return on the passenger side is how it is supposed to be done.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
On my '85 I ran the feed and return both up the drivers side. Regulator was mounted in front of the strut tower.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Having all three lines running on the same side is not what you want. Two feeds on the driver-side, one return on the passenger side is how it is supposed to be done.
What is the problem with running the feed and return lines together on the same side? Also, why would you want to run the feed lines on the "outside" of the frame rails. Would'nt the inside be the safest place to run these to prevent puncture should you be involved in an accident?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yea pictures please!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
TTT. I am considering a Glenns sleeper tank for my car. Would love to hear more about it.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I just ordered their complete kit and it looks great. Customer service is very good and they will answer any question you have.

In time I am going to replace my giant rear sumped tank on my other car with the same system.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How does glenns kit compare to the Aeromotive kit like his, I am getting ready to feed a 331 stroked single T-76 turbo powered weekend fun car, I deffinitlet want to protect my investment with the proper fuel system. which would be better my goal is to pump around 800HP. And while a newbie is at it what do you guys think...

use the anderson PMS or a Tweecer to control everything????

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Some people swear by the PMS and Tweecer, but personaly, I would go with a stand alone computer with a combo like that. Big Stuff 3 and fast are some of the best in the business, and you don't have to fool with mass air meters.

I was very intersted in the Glenns system, but now that I've seen Aeromotive's sumped tank with a A1000 in it, I'll probably go that route. It looks pretty clean. I never have minded a sumped tank, but having to mount the pump close to the sump has allways been an issue. Paint the sump and the braided lines flat black, and it will blend in and not be noticable.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I"m having a hard time rounting the lines over the rear axle area so they don't come in contact with the suspension or exhaust... whats a good clearance (inches) the fuel line should stay away from exhaust/suspenison? Don't want it to melt to get pinched.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
sorry i havent had the time to respond to your pm's. i'll take some pics of how mine was set up when i get home and post the tonight

but real quick if you look both my fuel lines were routed on the drivers side through the fenderwell and tucked and tied to the right of the frame so they are outta harms way

i'll lift the car and get some pics of how we mounted the pumps

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
i routed them from the sump then drilled a hole in the frame behind the rear drivers side tire in front of the axle and they exited out the frame in front of the rear tire. then we stuffed them between the car and the jacking rails

IN THE FRAME:

OUT THE FRAME:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
how low are you guys running these sleeper tanks without cavitation?

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
how low are you guys running these sleeper tanks without cavitation?
i've been at less than a quarter tank, even a line or two above "E" soo many times. no problems to date

1 - 20 of 23 Posts