Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at rear anti roll bars, read about upr and teamz but have yet to hear about the Competition Engineering Anti-Roll Bars.

·
Registered
711 Posts
dont waist you money on a competition engineering one.

look into baseline suspension's weld in arb. i have had good luck with mine. its a very nice looking product also!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've got one on a roller I got recently, havent run it yet. The arms bolt/clamp to the main bar and mine have a bit of play in them independant of each other. I may make new arms to weld to the bar if its a problem. The existing ones are aluminum on mine.

If buying new I would def get a TeamZ/baseline one.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The comp engineering piece is junk like stated above. They are bad about bending or breaking. Go with a good quality ARB from Team Z or Baseline.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had a comp. Eng. cut it out and put a Baseline in. Much better.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My Baseline arb is an awesome piece, very high quality material and fits great.
Also came with excellent instructions.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had the Comp Engineering bar.The aluminum arms wallowed out. I cut it out and put in an Auto weld setup. The only thing is the 3/4 inch bar didn't look like it would do the job. I cut off the splined ends and socketed them in a 1 1/4 heavy wall boiler tube. Also, made some bronze bushings to replace the rubber ones. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
thats all we use is the comp. eng. ones.....we have 4 cars with them and one of them has stock control arms and has been 1.29 60ft....well worth the money...u other guys must not have them preloaded right

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
thats all we use is the comp. eng. ones.....we have 4 cars with them and one of them has stock control arms and has been 1.29 60ft....well worth the money...u other guys must not have them preloaded right
How much more pre-load should I have added??

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have one on my Mustang with little use but so far so good. When I read how everybody hated theres I PM'd Novi357(because he said he had one)He has had one on his street car for over 4 years and runs 8's. So I was satisfied with that.

Flop5.0 how are you preloading yours? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
btw after installing the CE anti roll bar it took 2 passes 1 adjustment to get the fastes 60 foot on the car. I have been racing this car on and off for about 7 years now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts