Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is related to my turbo or not, but it didn't start happening till I put on the turbo kit w/the Borla catback. When the car is cold and idling I can put my hand behind the tail pipe and some little specs of black liquid spit up on my hand. Doesn't smell like oil or gas. The top part of my rear bumper above the tail pipes will also start to turn black after awhile, doesn't get really bad for a couple days if I don't wash it though...is this something to worry about? Car seems to be driving ok. I am running pretty rich, hoping to lean things down w/the PMS pretty soon...what the heck is the stuff spitting out of my tail pipes though?

·
Registered
668 Posts
What does it feel like? I was having a similar situation when I was having oil blowby issues with my turbo.

Could never smell oil(because it wasn't all burning just shooting through the exhaust), but you could tell it was oil because it was slick.

Any smoke at start up?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably screw w/the PMS later on and see what I need to do to trim everything down. I searched and found that boost leaks can also do this...not sure if it's that though b/c I can only reproduce this at idle.

No smoke on startup, just that crap shooting out. I did get quite a bit of it on my hand to see what it felt like, it wasn't really slick though, not like oil...just kinda 'rubbed' away.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Probably just rich like Snipe said then....if it was oil, you'd know it on touch even though it wouldn't be your first thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts