Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Particularly on a non intercool setup.i was thinking about trying it to help keep blower temps down

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have a non intercooled roots that responds well to meth inj. Plain old wel mart -20 wiper fluid will lower the intake IATs from 240 to 120s. I can raise timing about 8 degrees on pump gas. 91 octane. 11.70 to 10.90 et gain.

If you want the best gain you will need to pay with the methanol to water ratio. You will also need to pull fuel out all the way through the curve. I command 12.4 afr on the top. I also run about 8 degrees more timing. I don't use the IAT sensor to add fuel. Some will tell you this is a bad idea. I don't care as I'm looking for the fastest et. If your fuel pump or inj. goes you will get the same effect BOOM.

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Particularly on a non intercool setup.i was thinking about trying it to help keep blower temps down
I don't have information on a non-intercooled setup but my opinion is this. If you're not maxing out (impeller rpm) on your supercharger, then it shouldn't matter if it's pre-injection, pre & post injection or post injection. As long as you're cooling the air, that's all that matters.

Let's say you are maxing out your supercharger, how much fluid do you think you need to pre-inject to cool the supercharger? It may take a large amount of injection to do that. So now your blower is putting out cooler IATs and has the potential to make more power. You would need an equally larger post injection nozzle to support the cooler air and have enough injection for detonation control. Then you've added more parts and plumbing to your system, will it net your more HP? Some people have claimed it does but I have yet to see a back to back test to prove this. Even the one Water/Methanol company that recommended pre-injection didn't have any dyno data to backup his theory.

The two worst industries I've seen, are the automotive aftermarket and fitness industry. You can have a huge following based on no real data at all.

In the end, people can do whatever they want, "Your car, your money".

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I should have been more clear on the afr's. I command 12.4 when I;m in boost. The car runs 11.2 on the gauge. I also run 11.2 afrs when I have the meth turned off. I have to reduce timing when I run the car this way.

It only makes sense to run meth through a roots blower. I would run it through a centrifugal as well. When you spray through the blower you cool the impeller and housing. I found this out after each pass. No meth you couldn't hold your hand on the blower. With meth you could bare the heat to the touch.

My next setup will spray gas through the blower with 2 injectors and 2 will spray meth while in boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts