Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks...I noticed the Brother's unit is a bit cheaper that is why I asked. Getting ready to put 4.10s in soon since I found a guy that has a 11 second 71 Camaro who owns a shop that will do it for $150 in 2hrs during the evening while I wait. This much better than the $350 a hi-po shop quoted me and leaving my car overnight.

Are the speedcals an easy installation? And are the instructions good?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey 01LaserRed5 what shop you using? I need to find someone around Pittsburgh to install a set of gears since Im to lazy to want to get greasy:D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
01LaserRed5 said:

Are the speedcals an easy installation? And are the instructions good?
Well since I designed it I'm a bit biased, but I happen to think the instructions are QUITE GOOD! :)

Perhaps someone else can chime in and post a more ojective opinion... ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey, TriBlkCobra -- SpeedCal works great!
. I switched over to it from the Abbott ERA.

I didn't realize you (the designer) lived local to me until a few months after I made the switch. What luck. I appreciate you letting me see one of these up close, BTW. You did a fantastic job of engineering on this thing. Kudos to you! Much, MUCH easier to set it up. No more driving the highways and measuring accuracy based on mile markers either (like the Abbott). I found out the hard way that mile markers are not very accurate, either. I liked Dallas Mustangs little web app though, where you enter the tire size and gear ratios. Simple. Did you write that too? BTW, cruise control has been working as good or better than stock. A real nice bonus!

Just for grins, I checked it against my Garmin ETrex GPS receiver (measures speed in MPH) and your SpeedCal is dead on! I never could quite get the Abbott exactly where it needed to be.

Hopefully these units will be marketed by other dealers as well.

570rwhp/466tq on only 10.5 psi boost
Official 1/4 mile: [email protected] 1.81 60' limited only by the IRS and road race suspension
A 10 sec capable car!

A Cobra on the surface, a Viper underneath!

Gauges - zoom in || Exterior - larger view|| -- Engine-zoom in -- ||Front suspension

Other stuff (partial list):
Roll cage
Trunk mods
T-56 R&R guide tube
T-56 R&R input shaft breakage
Spring cleaning

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Coop, what do you tell the cops when you get pulled over? Hard to cover up all those gauges LOL. Looks sweet though :evil:

Lon

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ares, I am actually from Butler which is right by you. The shop is in Butler right as you turn at the light to go up New Castle hill. It is right at the bottom before you get to the car audio place and the State Police barracks and is called Diane's Automotive Repair, I believe. The guy that runs the place comes highly recommended and is a hell of a nice guy. Send me a PM and I will give you my email. What color is your car maybe I have seen you running around?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ah very good. I live about 10 minutes from there(by way I drive:D ) My car is same color as yours just click links in my sig to see pics. You may have seen my car since my grandmother lives up road from police barracks, actually near where Montgomery Wards use to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts